From Geological Investigation of the Alluvial Valley of the Lower Mississippi River, Fisk, 1944.
Lets do a bit of catch-up today on the readings we have done so far this semester.
1. Krygier covers M J 14: GIS & GIS Applications I: Schuurman ch 1
2. Krygier covers W J 20: Geospatial Analysis text: Intro + Conceptual Frameworks
3. Krygier covers M J 25: The Geographic Analysis Process: Mitchell ch. 1
4. Salt&Peppa Shaker Tops cover Schuurman ch. 2 & 3 (Krygier notes on these chapters here)
5. Monday February 15: Percolator Tops: Apply all of readings to Green Map project
6. Green Map Progress
- Project format: series of maps/projects that fit together as poster, but also stand alone
- Center map: a typical Green Map – lots of locations of stuff – one group
- Other maps: atypical Green Maps – other groups + other classes / independent studies
- Brief report from groups on progress. More updates (on blogs) by Wednesday
- Updates from people who skipped last class meeting
Local Green Information
- Food: New Community Market in Delaware, OH, and Local Food & Local Matters in Columbus
- Passenger Trains: Passenger Trains for Delaware, OH
- GreenOWU Blog: Information from 2009-2010 work on Green projects on and around campus. Include in comprehensive plan for OWU & Delaware Green Map (print, web).