Today: Mitchell chapters 2, 3 & 4 + Projects Update
Projects: I asked each group to make a significant effort towards a project proposal for the group on the new project blogs. Each group should be prepared to update the class on their progress towards this goal today. Specify and plan expeditions, trips, field work, etc. Specify costs.
Goal: prepare for a visit by Mark Cooper and other Communications & Marketing office people next week; prepare for project proposal.
- eWaste Recycling: Tim Schmidt OWU CPR Proposal
- OWU Energy Audit (PDF)
Main Green Map: review categories: is everything covered?
- Planning expedition + equipment + costs
- start with Excursions near OWU (Fall 2010, PDF)
- where to get good food
- where to make food (kitchens, utensils)
- how to make good food: Eating Green at OWU Cookbook (PDF)
OWU Gak Map: What is your Body exposed to at OWU?
- Counter with Healthy Spaces Map on reverse? What should you expose your body to at OWU.
- Designing Healthier Communities
Topics for Global OWU Map: big categories of our impact at global scale with examples
- transportation: ex) OWU air travel data + carbon impact
- food: ex) bananas, Costa Rica, rainforests
- waste: ex) track e-waste from campus?
- Bobby St. Clair: survey (to be sent to students) + GPS tracking + Faculty/Staff commute
- Physiological / Health (shift to other side of the Gak Map?)
OWU Green Map Online: Java Mapping (need blog)
- Cartography 2.0
- Formats, design, development, link to new OWU Campus Map